Seven weeks ago (on Holy Friday) the proistameno of Prophet Elias only was feverishly scampering to mail the letter which was the cause of a chain reaction of letters leaving several beloved members of our community wondering as to their ecclesiastical status. The last of this chain of letters was explained to the parish council by the proistameno of Prophet Elias only at their recent meeting. In this instance, there was no feverish scampering by the proistameno of Prophet Elias only to mail THIS letter from the Metropolitan to the community.
As we have read, the Metropolitan's first letter of April 16, 2010 was harsh in tone even saying to these members, "From the standpoint of the Church, this is outright robbery. " After listening to more than one side, the Metropolitan, to his credit, changed his position.
Some questions remain unanswered:
- Why hasn't the proistameno of Prophet Elias only and the parish council mailed this letter to the concerned parties and to the community?
- Why wasn't the same urgency exercised with this letter as the one of Good Friday?
- Why is the proistameno of Prophet Elias only holding tight to this letter?
- Do the contents of this letter conflict with the agenda of the proistameno of Prophet Elias only?
- Is the proistameno of Prophet Elias only stalling to convince the Metropolitan to change the decision to fit his agenda?
- Why have the people initially accused not been contacted regarding their ecclesiastical status?
- Is there a fear that this latest letter exposes our assigned clergy to the community?