Apparently, the Proistamenoi and Parish Council are about to send us this letter, assuming no further revisions and on official letterhead. (Click here to see the draft version not as yet on letterhead.) The text of this letter (below) also provides is a chilling description of what the Metropolitan has in store for us. (His letter is not as yet included). Read what's to come and weep - yet again.
On July 20, 2010 the Parish Council and the Clergy received a signed petition and a resolution. This resolution was copied and mailed to His Eminence Metropolitan Isaiah, to the Legal Counsel of the Archdiocese and to the Legal Counsel of the Metropolis by a chosen representative of the signers. The petition is requesting a special general assembly to act on the specific resolution.
His Eminence Metropolitan Isaiah has mailed the Clergy and the Parish Council of our Parish his response to the petition and resolution, which we have enclosed. He has denied the request for a General Assembly and has corrected actions that the General Assemblies have voted upon in the past which are in conflict with the “Uniform Parish Regulations of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America”. The Parish Council will take corrective measures to correct these anomalies so that we, as a Parish of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese, are in correct order with the Archdiocese.
In the Lord’s Service,
The Clergy and Parish Council of the Greek Orthodox Church
Of Greater Salt Lake
- who actually have some people skills;
- who might not have splitting this community and slandering long-standing stewards on their agenda;
- who do not prevaricate;
- who honor the honest needs and expressed will of the community;
- who work with all the members of the parish instead of their favored few;
- who foster and insist upon honest and transparent administrative practices;
- who put the Church before themselves;
- who love BOTH churches and honor all members in our community.