- the days that we held not less than 2 General Assemblies per year;
- the days of free elections;
- the days of presenting budgets for expenditures to the stewards of our community;
- the days that our faithful stewards determined how the Parish’s funds were expended;
- the days that we had audits;
- the days that the faithful stewards determined in the holding of regular General Assemblies;
- the days that we ALL collectively moved forward;
- the days that ALL faithful stewards voted for our destiny;
- the days of NO MORE secrecy;
- the days of total transparency;
- the days of accountability.
Friday, October 21, 2011
Below are the reasons that I think we need to file a lawsuit.
You may have your own reasons.
Please let us know what they are (click here to respond), so that your views may be considered by our lawyers.
My reasons for the need to file a lawsuit.
Starting in the year 2002, slowly and systematically, there has been cultivated an era of mistrust and turmoil in our community.
There has been a new wave of a rogue and secessionist movement supported by the two clergy and a distinct minority of parishioners. They are all outside our Greek Orthodox Church. They all refuse to follow the direction of the Holy Eparchial Synod of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese.
This path will only lead us into fiscal and moral bankruptcy. We must change immediately if Greek Orthodoxy is to survive. We must change immediately if we are to survive. We must change immediately if there is something to be left for the next generations to enjoy and build upon.
The purpose of the lawsuit is NOT to ask for money damages.
We need new governance. We need to return to:
Those are my reasons. If you agree please join all of us; we need to be moving forward.
- Nick J. Colessides