“Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them,

and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

But it shall not be so among you:

but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto,

but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:25-28, KJV)


The word the Athenians used for their Assembly was Ekklesia, the same word used in the New Testament for Church
(and it is the greatest philological irony in all of Western history that this word,
which connoted equal participation in all deliberation by all members,
came to designate a kind of self-perpetuating, self-protective Spartan gerousia -
which would have seemed patent nonsense to Greek-speaking Christians of New Testament times,
who believed themselves to be equal members of their Assembly.)

- Thomas Cahill, Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea: Why the Greeks Matter




ΦΙΛΟΤΙΜΟ: THE GREEK SECRET


Monday, November 26, 2007

Fax to Fr. Matthew from Nick Colessides

Nick J. Colessides
Attorney at Law
466 South 400 East, # 100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111-3325
USA
-----------
Telephone: 801/ 521-4441
Tele-copier: 801/ 521-4452
E-Mail Address: njcolessides@msn.com
Facsimile Transmission


Date: November 26, 2007

Fax:328-9688

To: Fr. Matthew Gilbert

Total pages including this transmittal page: -2-
If you do not receive the entire transmission please call


MESSAGE

URGENT-URGENT


Dear Father Matthew,

This is to confirm that during our conversation right after church services yesterday I DID NOT tell you that:

1. There were 5 moderators for the Blog; and
2. That my brother was one of the moderators,

as you have suggested in your conversation with him earlier today.

As a matter of fact when you told me that your information was that he was one of “the 5 moderators,” I corrected you, and told you that he was NOT a moderator, but that his wife was. I also said to you yesterday and today that none of us control our wives. They are individuals with their own point of view.

I do not know where you get your information but HE IS NOT a moderator.

As I started this fax I responded to your call back. Let me again reiterate to you that I am not a moderator either; but I am a contributor.

You also told me in your conversation that my representations as made in this fax do NOT change your mind about his candidacy.

I hope my conversation today remove any doubt about what you and I discussed yesterday.

With all best wishes for upcoming Holy Season,

Nick J. Colessides

P.S. The only asset one has in life is integrity. We have learned long ago that our word is our bond.

No comments: