In keeping with the holiday season vernacular, we offer the following cornucopia of thoughts to ponder:
- In his letter to us printed in the September Messenger, our treasurer lists figures for a third priest. In his financial information distributed at the General Assembly he lists a different set of figures. In a previous posting we questioned his figures... hmmm. And we are the "small number of terminal malcontents" who "revel" in furthering "misinformation"? Pot and kettle?
- Does our proistameno of Prophet Elias only choose not to celebrate the feasts of St. Nektarios and the Presentation of the Theotokos in the Temple? He was not in attendance at either Divine Liturgy.
- Has anyone seen the plans for the new "Baptismal Chapel" being planned for Prophet Elias, or does the proistameno of Prophet Elias only believe he can unilaterally make changes to OUR church, without at least going through the motions of letting us think we have a say?
- The original hand-picked "split committee" requested a letter from the Metropolitan stating he would honor the results of the survey. Where is that letter?
- Why was all pertinent General Assembly information only made available on the day of the meeting and not mailed previously for review?