On April 13, 2007, the first blog was posted and this site was established. Since that day, this site has seen over 30,000 hits (albeit the counter was introduced in July 2007) and 139 posts. We look on this past year remembering the following:
- Our parish council was required by the now Prophet Elias proistameno to sign a "confidentiality agreement" that was "sent by the Archdiocese." Come to find out it was not sent by the Archdiocese but instituted by the aforementioned clergyman to disallow the dissemination of information. Yet, he steadfastly claims he "had nothing to do with it."
- A member of the parish council was removed and ultimately excommunicated for reasons that are still unknown. The now Prophet Elias proistameno claimed to having "nothing to do with" the removal, yet the UPRs are clear that any removal from the parish council comes through the recommendation of the parish priest. Thankfully, the ecclesiastical sanctions have been lifted but the other sanctions remain in effect.
- We endured another "split" movement which the now Prophet Elias proistameno "didn't know anything about." The community spoke overwhelmingly (87%) to remain united. Maybe we can finally close the book on this nonsense.
- We have endured the duplicity of the metropolitan who first approved, then squashed, the Hellenic Heritage Corporation. Oh, by the way, this too was overwhelingly approved by the community.
- Three otherwise qualified candidates were refused the opportunity to run for the parish council at the recommendation of both new proistamenoi. The subsequent protest was ruled "without merit" yet none of the candidates were contacted and no valid reasons were given for refusing to allow them on the ballot.
- The current year is nearly 4 months complete and we have yet to receive any financial information.
- We at TOCB have been accused of spreading lies and rumors, yet when challenged, our accusers are unable to pinpoint any of the lies or rumors. We have also been accused of being the cause of the community's problems. Hmmmm ...
Our community has endured a great deal over the past year and there is no change in sight. The now Prophet Elias proistameno does as he pleases without answering to anyone. Questions remain unanswered and we are asked to believe all is well. Our blog will continue unfazed as long as those in power feel they are accountable to no one.
Will any improvement come in the next year? Time will tell.