The Clergy Letter of "ineligibility"...
- None of the four candidates declared ineligible were ever given the opportunity to defend themselves.
- They were accused, found guilty and sentenced without any representation.
- We question and we are told we disrespect ecclesiastical authority.
- We ask to be heard and are told we are out of order.
- We voice our concerns and they are twisted into malice.
- We are preached love, kindness and respect of our fellow man; yet, we get dictatorship rather than any real or sincere Clergy-Laity dialogue.
- We are asked to state our concerns in writing, yet they are never made known.
- Where is the unity of Clergy and Laity we were always taught represented the Orthodox Faith?
- The Uniform Parish Regulations of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America state in part that one must be obedient in matters of the faith, practice and ecclesiastical order, contribute to the progress of the church’s sacred mission; and be an effective witness and example of the Orthodox Faith and traditions to all people. Does this only apply to the Laity?
Merry Christmas to all!
- Jim Kastanis